Objitec Business Metrics & Progress Report Dec 2015
A warm welcome to the last Objitec business metrics and progress report of 2015 and a Happy New Year for 2016.
We make these reports public so that others can learn, comment on even advise us on where to improve. All comments are welcome at the end of the post.
Google Analytics And Google Search Console
As a reminder the sites that we manage as part of the Objitec company include…
objitec.com : This site, used for tracking metrics and other company related activities. Will provide links to all company products and activities.
online-booking-system.net : For marketing only and for now will just be one or two pages that link to planit-bookit.com. In the future we could write a few posts that include the ‘booking’ keyword on this site. But it’s main aim will still be to direct traffic to planit-bookit.com.
planit-bookit.com : Main product page. Incorporates all the different business sectors in which PlanIt-BookIt is implemented or would like to be established in. Aim is to drive content to this site via well written and researched articles that are relevant to the sector in which bookings could or would be made.
This month we wrote and published a number of squash based articles on planit-bookit.com. These include…
- Squash Deception: Top 12 Tricks To Deceive Your Opponent And Send Them The Wrong Way!
- Want To Start Boasting About Your Squash Boast? – Yes Then Read On
The goal of these articles is to hopefully get people who are members of squash clubs to the site who could also be potential customers to PlanIt-BookIt as a court booking system. A secondary goal is just to increase general traffic to the site which in turn should also increase brand awareness.
We’re beginning to see a healthy increase in traffic to our main sites so all is looking quite positive.
This month we made a small improvement to the ranking system. We added a numeric player position and the display name. We had to add the display name in order for people to differentiate between two players with the same name. Display name is unique by client.
Steve had an idea that we might ultimately want to start thinking about selling planit-bookit in terms of various options or plugins that are available to purchase. Also we’ve had an inquiry about just using the membership piece of the product. So for these reasons we’ve added some behind the scenes code that enables different functionality of the application to be available based on what the client has set up (or at some point in the future paid for). The plugins that we have coded in so far include:
- “signin” – Which will come with all packages
- “membership” – For customers who have members
- “bookings” – For customers who take bookings
- “rankings” – For customers who take bookings and their customers play a sport in which a result can be recorded.
We also intend to have…
- “opponent” for bookings that require an opponent listed such as squash, tennis and badminton bookings. We’re just starting work on this piece now.
- “workflow” workflow will be for bookings taken for businesses such as mobile hairdressers. In this type of booking scenario a client would request a booking slot and then the hairdresser would either approve, reject or suggest an alternative slot via an email based workflow. The idea being that the hairdresser could suggest an alternative slot if the client was located quite distance away from the client of the booking immediately prior.
We also did quite a lot of behind the scenes coding on the main view bookings form of the application. This form houses most of the business rules for the application and is therefore quite complicated. In an attempt to make it a little more simple to understand we moved a lot of the business functionality into an extended class – techies will understand! Apologies if I’ve lost the rest of you!!
We have a separate admin module for PlanIt-BookIt which is very much work in progress. We added a mail out client to this system to enable administrators to send out correspondence to past and present members.
We began work on modifying the memberships section of the system so as to be able to accommodate clubs and organisations that are only interested in membership. To start with we have added some additional functionality for collecting additional info of members. We generate this form dynamically based on meta data which we store in a control table.
We also completed some more development on the PayPal integration piece this month.
The person who contacted us in terms of selling a membership piece of the system wants to get it live in an equestrian club, so all the development efforts this month will be focused on getting that piece of the system working independently from the booking system.